Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hostel California .. well actually Bombay

Its been 2 months (almost) since I've joined the hostel. Its been a great learning experience so far, and when I say learning, its more in terms of learning about myself (I know thats a lot of gyaan, but thats one of the things b-schools teach you :) ).

The hostel is a wierd environment. The concept of "space" is a mirage. There are people all around you ... sometimes in your face (which can be fucking pissing off), sometimes uninvited into your tiny little world and it can make you feel claustrophobic to the extent of feeling asphyxiated.

On the other hand, you could be amidst 13 people and feel lonely. And trust me its one of the worst feelings. You have so many people around you and still you are looking for that one person who can let you in and make you feel ok.

I have been pampered. I always chose the people around me. I always spoke my mind, and the girls and the guys, took my shit. This "trait" has already got me into the bad books of a couple of guys. I'm not going to change simply because I think this way my life is simpler. But I have to adapt and this is hard, especially when you have been in your comfort zone for so long (thanks to those sweet people who bear with your idiosyncrasies).


P.S : I'm doing ok ... don't read too deep into this :)

6 comments:

Tejas said...

well what goes around comes around buddy!!!! i hope you get into shit loads of trouble... that a couple of guys come and beat the shit out of you.... that you bleed to death.... .... for all that you have done to me...

Antara said...

Awwwwwwwwwww :) despite those beautiful eyes and that precious smile.............. LOL

Nitish said...

You're never the same after hostel life...for better or worse :)

Aditya Baliga said...

Tejas : I miss belting you :((

Antara : Its a tragedy for all those years we were hanging around you never noticed it.

Nitish : I guess so man ... hopefully, its for the better :)

Anonymous said...

welcome to hostel life..god i know what you mean really.. nevertheless enjoy it while it lasts.. trust me

Neo said...

Vanakkam! Better late than never... more than anything, I think it teaches you shit loads of diplomacy and increases your tolerance levels by leaps and bounds. Have fun!