Friday, September 23, 2005

All out ... all lost

"I can tell you that before this match I was asked to step down as captain," Ganguly told reporters. "So it was an extra determination that I found."

Yeah right!!!! A 100 against a second string Zimbabwean side ( like they were not bad enough already) on a batsmen friendly track in 263 balls... do you really need determination for this esp. if you are a batsmen with 5000 runs in test cricket. I mean come on... what is the dude thinking or is he thinking at all. Get over that goddamn ego of yours and move on. The team and the sport is bigger than you.

I had the utmost respect for Ganguly, the things he has done for this team is unbelievable. We have gone from a team who would just bend over to a better opponent to going out there and showing them what we got. But things change and people got to move on. Mark Taylor did and so did Steve Waugh.

Chappell ... hats off to you dude. You said something this cricket-crazy nation has been dying to hear. And all the veterans backing Ganguly - go shove it. First Ganguly doesn't perform... then he makes a private discussion public ( I think to gather sympathy) . God it sickens me.

And don't even get me started about the board. What happened to the good old days, when cricket was about the sport and not cheap politics. How many times and these going to raise objsections ... get stay orders.... its pitiful.

Give the people what they want.

Hope lies in the proles.

No comments: