Sunday, April 29, 2007

Restaurant Tag

I was tagged by Meghna to post about 5 restaurants I like in Bombay... well, since I've explored more of Bangalore than Bombay, I'll be talking about restaurants in Bangalore.

I must start of by telling you that for me a restaurant is more about the feel rather than the cuisine. Oh yeah .. and they have to be easy on the pocket. :)

Pecos: A rather non- descript building off Brigade road, Pecos is more of a music paradiso if you love the blues. Its been a hangout for "The Gang" since college. Pecos serves only beer (and mostly flat at that). The food is brilliant there, do try the chilli beef or the chicken curry and dosa. The place is mostly attached with memories of college days when we used to get drunk in the middle of the day and pull out every coin we could from our pockets to pay up. (Actually, Pecos deserves a longer post .. some other day).

Pecos has a younger sibling called Mojos, off Residency road. Its not quite good enough for the faithful but its plush (only comparatively).

Fanoo's: Mim is going to hate me for this mostly because they were accused of stuffing their beef rolls with dog meat, but they just serve the best rolls. Simply brilliant. They have their rolls in jumbo, mumbo and rambo sizes in that order. The rolls are filling and bloody cheap.

CTR: I'm not quite sure what it stands for (some Tiffin Room). They serve the most amzing and butterilicious butter dosas. The dosas will leave you licking your fingers. The rest of their menu is damn good as well. You just can't leave Bangalore without having your evening kaapi here.

Oh yeah.. and the coffee here .. make that a double coffee .. It is the best SOUTH INDIAN FILTER COFFEE ever. Period! Countless hours were spent here fattening ourselves and dousing caffeine discussing the vagarities of life.

Infinitea: This place is a tea lover's delight. Teas from Darjeeling, Sri Lanka, Assam all at your service though I still prefer my pot of Masala Chai. The desserts here are yumm, do try the Italian truffle when you are here .. it just melts in your mouth. Oh yeah .. very friendly waiters and according to the girls .. cute too!!

Casa del Sol: I went to this place last time I was in Bangalore. Amazing ambience, lovely food. Its a roof top restaurant so the breeze of Bangalore makes this a rather romantic experience. This place is not as inexpensive as the rest ... but then Mim paid when we went there .. so what the heck!! :)

Lot more little hangouts in Bangalore ... may be another post beckons .. some other time ...

Ok ... so this is the fun part ... my turn to tag ...

I tag Nitish (Hyderabad), Siddhu (Delhi/Chennai/Bangalore), Lokesh (Mumbai).

6 comments:

Megster said...

That's a mouth-watering post! I love the food in B'lore!!

Nitish said...

damn dude...i just did this for Hyd and i was thinking that if i had to do it for blore...i dont know if all the places that i used to love and frequent would still exist or not. Quite a sad thought!

Manisha said...

me a fan of infinitea too :)
was just thinking that if I had to make such a list it would be a tough task!
and nothing to beat the good old filter coffee :-P

Anonymous said...

What's CTR? You mean MTR (Mavalli Tiffin Rooms)?

Anonymous said...

Someone just told me about CTR in Malleshwaram.

Sugar said...

thats Central Tiffin room- CTR- voila !! :)